After completing this tutorial you will have the tools in place to start crafting a message curation workflow.
Your inbox will be filled with too many labeled emails!
1) Select a label on your side navigation
2) Click the Select all checkbox
3) Click the Select all (some number) conversations in that label
1) Click More
2) Click Archive
Google Mail basically just has two folders: The Inbox and The Archive. Archived files aren't deleted, they will still show up if you do a search in Google Mail or click on a label. For all intents and purposes, you never really have to delete a message.
1) Choose the Dropdown menu next to a Label in the Label List.
2) Choose a color.
3) Choose whether or not to hide the Label in the side navigation panel or in the main message list.
In an email,
1) Click the Drop Down menu
2) Choose Filter messages like this
1) Decide what the best criteria might be for triggering the filter. Is it the sender? The subject?
2) Choose to Create a filter with this search
1) Choosing Skip the Inbox means it will automatically archive it
2) Apply a label
1) Check off Apply filter to matching conversations
2) Create the filter
Google Apps further training
Here is a link to our Google Apps Training module on Organizing Your Email with Archive and Labels.
This is a Boost eLearning Course. If it asks you to Sign In, just click the button, and you should be pushed through.