Appointment slots are available only to Google Apps users. You probably have Google Apps if you use Google Calendar with a work or school account. The appointment slots feature lets you set one period of time on your calendar, divided into available time slots for people to reserve. For instance, teachers and advisors can have their students reserve time during family weekend to meet with parents.
How do you create Appointment Slots?
- Make sure that you're in Week view or any Day view, since the appointment slots can't be created when you're using any of the other Calendar views.
- Click anywhere in the calendar grid. In the event bubble that pops up, click Appointment slots.
- Indicate the details for the appointment slots using these fields:
- What: Enter a short title for the appointment slots, like "Jane Doe Advisor Meeting."
- Calendar drop-down menu: Choose the calendar in which you'd like to create the appointment slots. We recommend using your own free/busy calendar.
- Offer as a single appointment slot: Select this button if the entire time will be used for one appointment.
- Offer as slots of: Select this option if you'd like to allow multiple appointments to be scheduled during the block of time. Simply select and indicate the duration for each appointment (in minutes) in the text box to the right. For Family weekend we are suggesting slots of 10 minutes.
- If you're all finished, click Create slots on the bubble, or continue to the next step to add more details to your appointment slots.
- Click Edit details to open the appointment slots details page and add more information, such as a location or description, or to make the appointment block repeat. To make the appointment block recur, click the Repeat checkbox to choose your settings. Read more about repeating events.
- If other people should be present during the appointment slot, you can invite them using the Add Guests field.
- When you're finished, click Save.
Your appointment block will display as a single event on your calendar and the calendars of any invitees. You can distinguish the appointment block from other events by a grid symbol in the upper left corner. Once actual appointments are booked, they'll appear as regular events overlapping with the appointment block.
What resources does Google provide about this feature?
Here is Goolge's Help page on this: https://support.google.com/calendar/...r/190998?hl=en.