To avoid backup lines on Main Street, please follow these important rules for dropping off, picking up, or parking on or near campus:
- When dropping off or picking up at Aloian Circle, please drive all the way to the end of the circle, moving up as quickly as possible. Please do not block traffic on Main Street when the circle is full. Instead, drive by and return to enter Aloian Circle after the backup has cleared. Also, please follow the posted left turn restrictions at the Aloian Circle exit. There are no left turns allowed Monday - Friday from 7:30 to 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. This is our way to help the flow of traffic exiting Aloian during peak morning and afternoon times, when it's difficult to cross westbound traffic to go towards Concord Center.
- Concord Academy is a "No-Idle Zone." Parents, please turn off your car engines while waiting to pick up your students in Aloian Circle. For every two minutes of idling, a car uses the same amount of fuel it would use if traveling one mile.
Also, as of August 28, 2017, the Town of Concord has made changes that will impact the way we all park. Fourteen parking meters will be installed on Main Street, while in the remaining spots a Pay-by-Phone zone will allow all-day parking from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. at $0.50/hour or $5.00 for ten hours. The only method of payment will be an app called PayByPhone, which you can download and install on your smartphone. You can also register online at https://paybyphone.com You can find the PDF here.
These zones will extend from Main St down to Nashawtuck Road. Here is a map provided by the town.
Our updated parking policy is as follows:
- To provide as much on-campus parking as possible, we will continue to use the West Gate lot and the West Gate tennis courts;
- On-campus parking will be limited to seniors and to adult members of our community;
- These cars must be registered with CA and have a parking sticker visibly affixed to the vehicle;
- Juniors, many of whom get a license halfway through their junior year, will have to park on the street if they choose to drive to and from campus; and
- The Aloian half-circle will remain visitor only parking.
Any seniors wishing to park on campus must complete the Student Parking Request Form here on CA Connect. If you have any questions about these permits, please contact Sarah Woods at firstname.lastname@example.org