Entering Progress Marks for Seniors - Fall 2018
- Progress marks will be accepted from Friday (November 9) until end of day Tuesday (November 13). You will enter progress marks through PowerSchool.
- To access PowerSchool, use the same username and password that you use to log into network computers on campus. If you have trouble logging in, contact Tech Support for help.
- Once you are logged into PowerSchool, you will enter your progress marks in much the same way you entered your fall interim comments.
- Enter PowerTeacher Pro by clicking on the sidebar link or the link below a particular class.
- Once you are in PowerTeacher Pro, make certain you have selected the correct class to work with from the drop down menu at the center top of the page. On the top right side of the page you will see a gear icon, then next to that a drop-down menu. Choose S1 from that drop-down menu to record your progress marks. PLEASE NOTE: if you do not choose S1 from that menu, your grades will not be captured.
- On the side menu, go to the Grading tab, then choose Scoresheet. This will bring you to a list of your students in this class. PLEASE NOTE: PowerSchool does not indicate what class a student belongs to; all students in your class will be listed on the Scoresheet. You must know which of your students are seniors. For reference, here is a List of Seniors and their assigned College Counselor.
- For each senior in your class, click within the "Grade" column. This will bring up a dark gray Grading sidebar on the right of your screen. Please enter a progress mark for each senior by either type entering or mouse-clicking the letters and numerics in the tool. If a student is in-between two grades, round up (in other words, please be generous!). Please note that PowerSchool will not record grades such as "A-/B+". If a student is on the cusp of a grade, please give them the higher grade. Further notes: Please leave comment box blank. Also, if any students are auditing your class, you will see a grade of "AU" already entered. These progress marks will not be shared with students. Please do not enter grades for any students who are not seniors.
Very important: after entering a student's grade, you must hit the green “Save” button to the left of the dark grey sidebar! Using the web browser’s back, forward, and stop buttons will NOT save your work, and may cause you to lose entered information.
- Submitting: once you have entered, and saved, all progress marks for a particular class roster, return to the Grading tab on the blue sidebar on the left side of your browser. From the pop-up menu, choose "Comment Verification". At the bottom of the page, click the "Final Grade Status" button. In the pop-up dialog box, please check "S1 Final Grades are Complete", then click "Save". Do this for each class roster in which you have seniors.
- Once you are done, log out of PowerSchool; you should quit your browser for security reasons.
- Please enter your progress marks by end of day Tuesday, November 13th. Marks will be downloaded at that time and if they are missing, one of us will have to come find you (boooo!). Once again, these marks will not be shared with students.