This is a guide to ensuring that messages from an organization do not go to spam.
Copy the indicated text
For this example, the organization representatives have agreed to include the following text in the messages they send out:
Copy that text.
Filter Messages like this.
1) Click the drop-down menu in the message, and choose "Filter messages like this"
Clear the From line
We don't want to filter new messages based on the sender, but rather the subject line.
Paste [Tour Guides] into the Subject line
Create filter with this search
Enter a new label name
1) Enter Name.
2) Click Create.
1) Check Apply the label:
2) Click Choose label . . .
3) Select New label . . .
Build the rest of your filter
1) Check Never send it to Spam
2) Check Always mark it as important
3) Check Also apply filter to x matching conversations.
4) Click the Create filter button
Next, add some color to your label
Find the label in your label list in Google Mail. Hover over the name, and click on the little triangle that pops up.
Choose a color
From the Label name, select Label color, then click on the color (you can change this at any time).